Nail Art Tutorial – Spring Florals
Spring is finally here and what better way to celebrate than with a floral manicure? Painting flowers can be tricky and time consuming with all the shading involved which is why I decided to go for an easier alternative, daisies. I am no expert in painting flowers but daisies can be created in seconds with just a few brush strokes! I paired them with a few soft shades to create a design that can be achieved in 6 easy steps.
You will need:
- a few pastel shades such as green and purple
- a white, purple and yellow polish
- a dotting tool
- a detail brush
- a top coat
1. Start with a layer of your favourite top coat. Apply two layers of a light purple shade (Winkel Light Lavender) on your index and middle finger. Apply two coats of a mint green polish (Ciate Pepperminty) on your ring finger.
2. Using a detail brush and a white polish (Barry M Cotton) start painting your daisies. Create a few on your middle and index finger and one at the top of your ring finger.
4. With your detail brush still in hand draw a few leaf branches (Ciate Pepperminty).
5. Using OPI I Manicure for Beads and a dotting tool apply a few dots around your flowers creating curved lines.
6. Keep hold of your dotting tool and apply one dot in the centre of each daisy. I used Nails Inc Seven Dials. Seal in your design with a layer of Glisten & Glow HK Girl top coat.
Here’s another look at my design. What do you think about this floral manicure? I am so ready for Spring and switching to a more pastel palette.