Nail Art Tutorial – Mixed Metallics
For many nail enthusiasts spring is the time to get their pastels out. I have used many soft shades in the past month myself but sometimes it’s nice to have a break and go for something totally different. Black nails with metallic accents, anyone? These just scream chic and opulence to me and it was such a nice change after all the cute designs I’ve done recently.
To create this look you will need:
- grey and black polishes
- metallic rose gold and silver polishes
- a striping brush
- a detail brush
- a fast drying glossy top coat
This mixed metallics design can be achieved in 6 easy steps. If you have all your essentials, let’s get started!
1. Apply your favourite base coat followed by 2 coats of a black polish (Barry M Black).
2. Using a striping brush draw a straight line through the middle of your nail. I used Models Own Chrome Rose.
3. Add slightly curved short lines on both sides of the middle stripe. I used the same metallic polish and a detail brush.
4. Grab hold of your striping brush and draw a grey line (HJ Manicure -Subzero) on both sides of your metallic pattern.
5. With your brush still in hand apply 2 silver lines (Beauty UK -Olympic Silver) on the edge of your nail, one stripe on each side.
6. Using the same silver polish add a few dashes to both metallic stripes. Finish your design off with a glossy top coat. I used HK Girl Glisten&Glow.
Here’s another look at the finished design. I love the idea of stacking bracelets that have different metallic finishes and this was the inspiration for this nail art. I really like how the rose gold and silver metallic colours work together. What do you think about it?